Meet the Wyakin Warriors by clicking on the Facebook link.
The Wyakin Warrior Foundation is a 501 c(3) nonprofit organization providing a full-spectrum education and professional development program for severely wounded, injured, or ill Post 9/11 veterans, designed for collegiate success and resulting in a rewarding career after graduation. Through its Wyakin Wounded Warrior Academy™, the Foundation provides:
- A full, 60 month scholarship (including room, board, books, tutoring, and living expenses).
- A custom, one-on-one, multi-layered mentoring program by the nation’s top leaders in business, industry and government service. Mentorship continues for a full year after graduation.
- Monthly professional development seminars by business leaders, public officials and employment experts.
- Lifetime membership in a fraternal organization (the Wyakin Warrior Foundation).
- A service project, completed while in school, to benefit other wounded warriors.
- Robust networking to assist them in securing gainful employment after graduation – not just get a job, but get a good job with upward mobility.
Wyakin in the Spotlight
Watch the video of the Wyakin Warrior program at Boise State (6 min)
Watch the KTVB report (click on the image)
James Nealey (photo by Adam Eschbach/IPT)